Thursday, September 24, 2009

09/17/2009 11:55:47 AM Getting old and young in one breath:

Getting old and young in one breath:Lately I've found myself thinking in what my opinion like an old person. And this morning it clicked in again. I realised that I had started to resent change, and love routine. I can still remember very very clearly the requirements for my first job - Had to be non boring, and I always prided myself on the ability to change - Change is the only constant was my belief. Lately though .. and I mean post babies I find myself resenting any change.. anything at all.. even the smallest microscopic ones. Like this morning we were all dressed and ready to leave for work and at the last moment I decided to give Lawrence some teething stuff... Bad move he upchucked all over himself and me and there went my routine. I had to literally tell myself to 'Throw it off!! " and not get upset about it. I wasn't upset with him, but with myself for changing my routine. What happened to the girl who would just really be able to shrug it off as part of life and not DWELL on it. And yet ... I feel young sometimes... part of me feels like Life is just beginning. It's wonderful being a mom to 2 kids. I see the future with tons and tons of vacations, going camping and hand made carLawrence, and playing dress up and all the things I remember doing with my parents... Rachael and I spent a wonderful time last night just reading and reading and reading books. She loves them. I love being a relatively young mom (okay I'm 34 so that's not really young, but I'm sticking with it). I love the idea that WW is going to take me back to where I was (body wise) and that helps the young girl image. So what changed..lol.. When and Why did I go from being 'Able to just go with the flow' to 'Going nuts when things didn't get done just exactly right'. Any ideas?

No comments:

Blog Archive