Tuesday, August 18, 2009


Today is camping day for Rachael at the daycare, and I'm anxiously awaiting pics from her teacher. I'm hoping that there is atleast 1 of her. I so so want to tell her teacher to take pics of her everyday ..lol.. but I must remember that there are 16 kids and she has to alternate... But my daughter is such a cutie pie... so this is me this morning - to Tom - Rachael doesn't have a sleeping bag. Tom - Why does she need one ..Me - Cause she's camping today. Tom - where. Me - In daycare... Both of us laugh roll our eyes, then pick up the thin gaddas we had bought for the beach and figure that it will have to do. I had a sense of what my mum was thinking everytime she sent us with makeshift stuff instead of the real thing... Some how I'm hoping that Rachael is too young to notice.... Some how I'm hoping that she really won't care she doesn't have a sleeping bag.. and that instead her darling mother gave her a gadda for 2 to sleep with her best friend... See I can reason away anything..lol..Yesterday I had a sense of what life with Rachael will be growing up... I looked out of the window and saw a 10 yr old girl walking her dog... and I thought - My Rachael will be like her some day (only walking someone elses dog). It was a wonderful feeling. Somedays I feel like I'm cheating her and Lawrence out of a normal childhood - whatever that may be..and then I figure we'll find our way. We're kind of settled in Poet's corner. The first few months were a rush of getting to know people and wanting to be liked and accepted. Now we've settled. Few families know us.. some don't .. and we do our own thing. We make time when we can to go to the community outings, but that sense of 'Having to' has gone. We're certainly not competing...lol..
This past weekend was eye opening. Grammy was here from Thursday. Apparently she is one of the most well behaved 2 year olds..lol.. It was funny finding that out because I always think she has so many tantrums... apparently not enough.. and then grammy came.. and Rachael learnt to be a true 2 year old for 4 days..lol... I'm glad her grammy love her and that Rachael loves her back (it was grammy grammy grammy all weekend). Grammy let her get away with everything ..lol.. I think grammy thinks mommy is way too strict..lol.. Still I was glad when Grammy went home, and Rachael came running and said "My mommy" I was so pleased... I missed it..lol.. and was jealous of Grammy too. And Rachael rode her first horse. That's amazing bravery given she's only 2 ... I'm so proud of her... and we petted goats and sheep.. Maybe mommy will get brave too .. slowly..


Lawrence is growing too.. He's now 14 lbs 8 oz and getting bigger. But his smiles are the best. They're wonderful. I love him sooo much. He's such an easy baby. Only smiles and cuddles and sleep and eat. Which reminds me... he's now eating bananas, sweet potatoes, cereal, and carrots. Yay Big boy!.
Oh forgot to mention, my fashionista wouldn't let me buy her a raincoat this weekend... instead she picked her own green hoodie... She definitely has her own mind. I got a talking down to when I tried to get her to pick a boy's raincoat. "That's a boy's mama!!!!!" Okay honey bunch I'll remember.

No comments:

Blog Archive