Friday, July 10, 2009

Tom's birthday

Tom's very happy today. He got a new pair of shoes as a birthday present. And they were just 'FUN' shoes. I didn't realise it would make him so happy. Shoes are a necessity to me. To Tom and Rachael they seem to be something much more. And he was trying really hard to pick the right shoe - or more importanly the NEEDED shoe, while all along eyeing up the fun shoe. And it's true, I wanted him to pick the NEEDED shoe... but he seemed to want the FUN shoe, so I said, go on babe, just pick it. We can always pick the NEEDED shoe later. He was so happy. Honestly if I had realised he wanted it so much I wouldn't even have brought up the NEEDED shoe. I'm glad he's happy. He works hard for us and he's changed so many of his lifestyle habits - e.g. going from 8-10 hours straight sleep to 6 hours broken sleep. I'm glad he's happy. Happy birthday honey. Funny comment : We looked in the mirror and I said, babe I look so young next to you..lol.. he responds with yup, and it's the young wife looking bored taking the older husband shopping instead of the other way around. I love him to bits.

No comments:

Blog Archive