Friday, July 31, 2009

The right support: Wednesday, July 29, 2009


I have 1 bra. Okay lets rephrase that. I have 1 bra that fits like I want it to, and full price that bra costs $70. I was lucky enough to find it in marshalls at $9. No honestly. That is exactly what I paid for it. I really really cannot go above $20. Okay maybe $25, but that's pushing it and only for something that I think is wonderful. So how do I know that the one I love is $70 in the store at full price. Okay here is the bra story. For the longest time I wore the wrong sized bra. From where I come big boobs are great, but no manufacturer actually makes a decent sized bra. The best you can get is a C. Not helpful if you're narrow shouldered but have larger cups. So for years I had the powder puff spill out. Until I moved to Europe got 'found' by Neema, who introduced me to the world of underwire and cups sizes that went up to 'H' !!!!! For the longest time I loved M&S (Marks & Spencer). They do great bras there. All the sizes, all the colours, and pretty ones for big boobed women no matter if they're broad or narrow shouldered! And then I moved to the midwest. Hello people, America does have many big sized women, but the largest commonly available size went up to a D, a DD if you were lucky. I searched and searched for the right bra. And then I found Champion Catalog. I'm not a big internet clothes buyer. But I tried, I wore I loved their daily wear underwire bra. And then guess what, it went away. How could they!!!! It was the best thing I had found. So now, post baby #2 I'm back on the search. I went to the dept stores to try - macy's, jcpenney you get the idea. And once again I found - DD, E, F - but the cost - $70 and more. I waited for the sales $45. So I tried Marshalls and struck gold once. I've been back many times... no luck. So how hard is it. I mean come on - the ones who need the support need it - so lets start making decent bras for the ones who actually need it. And now with losing weight, I will have to start the search again.





No comments:

Blog Archive