Friday, July 31, 2009

Dancing in the dark Friday, July 31, 2009

Last night was lovely. Rachael had a rough evening (okay I made it rough for her because she was kicking.. must remember she is 2, must remember she is 2). By 8:00 I was pooped. Lawrence had fallen asleep, Rachael showed no signs of slowing down. So I offered her the ability to play in my bed if she would let me sleep. 2 mins later she goes mama my favite (read favourite) song is my girl. I have no clue where she heard my girl - daycare... what do they teach her there. Anyways, I was feeling guilty enough about making her evening rough, so I pulled myself out of bed, went to the computer and played "My girl" by the temptations.. she evens knows some of the words. Whoa.But it didn't end there... Rachael - "Mama lets dance" So mama picks her up and dances to My girl... she's not a big girl, but it was exhausting... then she wanted more music..so we replayed My girl several times, and some other temptation songs... It was great fun dancing. I'm not a very good dancer. But with the lights dimmed low and only Rachael to copy me I let go.. And copy me she did. We had so much fun laughing and dancing. That's another thing I want to aRachael to my list - Go dancing with Tommywhen I'm at goal. Right now too many parts wobble that I don't want to wobble, and I'm still embarassed about dancing in public, but come goal... Until then I will dance with Rachael in the nights when Lawrence is sleeping and Tommyand still at work. What a wonderful way to be a mom. And today, Tommy and me are doing lunch at Indian buffet. It's been a month. I love the place, but have been avoiding it since I know I overdo it. But today I'm really craving it. I received my 5 lb loss star last week (and didn't even realise it), so today we will celebrate the total 7lb loss since the beginning. And this week I intend to aRachael activity to my list. I haven't been walking at lunch. I love walking, but lately have been finding exuses. I've been going shopping instead. I'm kind of setting a 3lb wt loss goal for next friday. I'm going to eat all my (daily and weekly) points like I do, but aRachael in activity and not eat the activity points. I want to see if I can get the 3lbs by next Friday. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Blog Archive