Monday, July 13, 2009

It's hard to blog in 2 places at the same time. I'm blogging on the WW site about my weight. But I suppose this is for family. But I'm family too. So I'll post the blog here as well
PROGRESS REPORT
Starting weight: 180 lb
Current Week Loss: 4.5 lb.
Current Weight: -175.5 lb.
Total weight loss: -4.5 lb.
A very very interesting few days:
The good news first. Yesterday was weigh in and I came in at 175.5. That's a good 4.5 lbs drop for the week. I'm very pleased considering my first week was a diaster with me gaining. What's even better that I'm beginning to see changes in the way I think. I want this to be a life change, but I didn't think that would click in for atleast a few months. I've done WW before, and I was treating it like a diet still, which was acceptable to me. Yesterday we went to the zoo. We took cherries, fresh cheese, crackers and cheese spread for lunch. I found myself stopping after I had a few crackers and cheese, and fruit, and realised that I was stopping because I felt satisfied. My old brain was still telling me to go ahead and eat cause we were out having fun "What's one cheat day", but the other part of my brain didn't feel the need or desire to cheat. It was nice. And then today at work. We had a lunch and learn. I found myself picking the wholegrain wraps instead of white bread. I have to say I picked 2 - 1/2 wraps. I ended up eating only1. It was from Jason's deli and they have nutritional info online that I just found. The wraps were tasty. I did make a mistake. I answered the call of the sweet tooth. There were brownies and cookie. I imagine the cookies were much less points, but the brownie was calling my name. I picked it. I was satisified at 1/2 but I failed to put it down and I ate the whole brownie for 10 points. I believe that if I had known just how high it was going to be I would have put it down. Lesson learned. When in doubt 1/2 the dessert. I will have to find time to do some exercise this week to work it off. It's going to be a challenging week. We had a lunch and learn today. On wednesday I'm possible going to lunch with a friend to indian buffet, and friday is DH's date day. I will work to stay on top of it.
Today I have to leave at 2:45. It's going to be an interesting evening. Rachael has a rash on her hands for a few days now. First we thought it was the execema acting up in the summer. But now it's getting discoloured. So I have an appt today at 3:15 for her. It's going to be interesting to see how it works out. I have to run pick her up, take her to the dr. then run back with her and pick lawrence up. It'll be fun. Don't think I can handle taking both of them to the dr. unless I absolutely have to.
Yesterday was a fun day. We went to the zoo. Rachael was really happy. My wish for her is that she somehow channel her love of animals into something that she can work with. She loves music and animals at the moment. They have been her loves almost since she was born. I know Tom would rather she do something in music. I have misgivings about a career in music, because I don't want her to enter the 'popular scene', and I don't think there's much money to be made in the regular music scene. So instead I dream that she will do research with animals, how to care for them, take them back to their natural habitat etc...Save the world types. Or maybe marine biologist. That's one of the few nice animal jobs I know. Don't really want her to be a vetenarian. Still while I cultivate her interests I try to remember that she will be the person God wants her to be. I want to pray more. I know God is present in our life, and he's making it so much easier than I imagined it. Yes I have hard days. Late at night when I'm exhausted and and Rachael has gone past trying my last nerve, and I stilll have bottles to wash and feeds to be made, then it's hard to believe my life could be any harder. But I know it could. I was on pager support last week. I had 3 weekend calls when Tom was there to help me and every single one in the day time. No night calls, and no calls during the week when I was alone. I know God is present in our life, in our family. I want to pray to him so that he knows that we are grateful for his presence and thankful for all the wonderful things he brings in our life.

No comments:

Blog Archive