Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I've been completely Americanised. I just booked rooms for a family holiday next May (2010). To me that epitomizes Americanism. I've never booked a vacation a year in advance, and today took the cake. My reasoning was that we're a family now. We have certain needs. And it was a good deal. Clear water Beach - Florida - for a week at $1000 for 2 bedroom home with a kitchen and laundry. Our inital holiday was going to be in Wyoming. Tom is dying to go back to the place where he spent his formative years, and I really do want to see Old faithful, and the Grand Tetons. But with a 3 year old and a 1 year old it seems that vacations with any form of adventure will have to be a dream for now. So we're settling on (I'm sure this will be the case) a much needed beach vacation after a Chicago winter. I can't wait, and we still aren't even into the summer of 2009. 2 fun things to look forward to now. Definitely have to lose the weight.

No comments:

Blog Archive