Monday, June 22, 2009

First work day without Nana


My big boy hasn't cried. Not yet. He's just soaking in his new environment. I'm so proud of him. It's been a long long morning. It was actually a long long weekend. I couldn't help stressing, and this morning after they all got dropped off and I was at work it all seemed anti climatic. Rachael decided to be a doll this morning. She carried Lawrence's bottles out to the car, and then again up the stairs to school. In the car she decided that she was going to give me minute updates on how Lwarence was doing. So it was "Mama he's kicking" "Mama Lawrence happy" "Mama lawrence smiling". ThankGod. She did want to go into his school room though.. so a bit of tears at that time ... atleast she knows he's there and that she's not alone in this whole school drama. My stomach is still in knots. It feels like I'm waiting to exhale. And maybe I will, sometime tonight, after they're all safely back home, fed and washed and tucked away in bed. Maybe then I'll take a breather, and know that we survived the first day back to school sans nana.
Not sure how tom is doing. He was up this morning at 6:00. It took the both of 2 hours to get everything and everyone ready, fed and dressed. I hope he gets a chance to unwind now. Father's day was good. We just stayed home, relaxed, watched movie.. Okay I watched part of Benjamin Button and part of Grand Torino, but atleast Tom had a good time watching them. We had steak and potatoes for lunch, and garlic toast and Tomato soup for dinner, and all through it Rachael was an angel sitting at the table with us, even saying "Mama only big people drink soda, Only dada drink soda" I guess I'm little people. I'm not sure why I'm recording all this. Maybe it's to proove to myself that we did it. We got through the weekend without nana and now we're gonna get through today. I have to admit I was terrified the whole weekend of this morning. I have no clue how mama managed 4 kids without dada. I'm terrified just to go home this evening with a toddler and an infant and no Tom. I keep wondering how I'm going to cope. I really don't want to handle it by shouting at Rachael if she doesn't listen, cause she's going to be tired too. Maybe it will be an easy evening. So far God's doing good. My boss is ooo so I can unwind a bit.
Have to record rachael's day:
1. She's decided to make up words as we go along. All-a-body=Everybody. And she seems to think that when I say Nobody, and she thinks otherwise she must respond with Yesbody. Part of me doesn't want to correct her cause it's so cute.
2. Saturday she spent running to the big windows and looking for nana. "Nana's home I think so" and then when she and Tom went to get movies, she told him "Dada lets go find nana". I have no clue what's running through that precious head of hers.

No comments:

Blog Archive