Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Children Post:


I'm doing a children update post today. I have to. Time is flying so fast that if I don't find some means of recording all that they achieve I'll soon forget. So here goes:
Lawrence - Me thinks he has begun realising what crying can get him. At 2 months, that's quite an achievement, considering his sister at 2 is doing exactly the same thing. Maybe she was forced to learn much later cause she was princess for the first 2 years. Anyways, his cradle cap is lessening. We've decided to go the nana route of almond oil and scrub a dub dub instead of trying the t-gel. So far it seems to be working and he's getting handsomer by the day. Nana seems to think he looks exactly like dada. Tom on the other hand is being Tom. While he's a wonderful dad, he really can't handle feedings. To his credit he does try, even if it means I have to put up with a lot of moaning. Mama seems to take it especially badly which is really funny. Tom's words "Lawrence is so troublesome when he's drinking his milk, not at all like Rachael". Given that Rachael was possibly the worst feeder ever (I prayed that she won't puke each time we fed her, and the prayers didn't work much) that's quite an impressive short term memory loss for him. Still I'm not holding it against him. He's a wonderful dad, and I know by the time Lawrence is a year he will have Tom eating out of his hands.
Rachael is getting much better at daycare. Yesterday she brought me a "corn" - read acorn. She found it on the playground and kept it for me. I love her so much. I feel so bad that she's having such a hard time adjusting. I wish we could fast forward to 10 years from now when she and lawrence adore each other and are keeping secrets from us. Right now she eyes him warily, has a tantrum if I pick him up when I reach home, and still asks if she can "beat" him. Lawrence on the other hand adores her. He follows her longingly (or atleast in my guilt ridden mind) with his eyes. Maybe we should have helped her learn to share much earlier. But I suppose "My Tommy" should have warned us of the possessive streak in her. The good side is that someday she will be as possesive about lawrence and be his body guard or vice versa. For now she's just being a 2 year old.

No comments:

Blog Archive