Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Being a mom:

The hardest part about being a mom is living up to the image I have of myself. It seems to constantly want to change based on what I see or read and all I want to be is just a good mom. Somedays that just seems impossible. Right now I'm reading blogs at Free Range Kids and while I do agree with some of the views I definitely don't agree with all, and I wish I was cool and I could. But Law & Order SVU scares the living hell out of me, and I can't seem to get that it's only a t.v. show. For almost 2 years after Rachael was born I stopped watching it completely. I couldn't deal with it and "head in the sand" ostritch mode seemed a better way. So how are these free range kids moms so definite. Yes I'm trying to teach Rachael how to grow up into a confident young girl. But I do love it that she won't talk to strangers but will stare them down for the better part of 20 minutes before venturing a word. This includes grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins she hasn't met in a while. I've quit trying to make her say Hi to people she doesn't know. Part of me is glad that she waits until she is sure.

No comments:

Blog Archive