Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The ticket that keeps costing

So last week I got a ticket. It started out at $75 for going 55 in a 40 mile zone .. that plus all the stress & fear of being pulled over. Then as I read through it realised I had to go to driving school so it wouldn't go on my record... great ... cost of that went up to $115. So today I went in to the bank to make a cashier's cheque / money order for the same ... and that cost me an additional $5. So all in all my ticket cost me a whopping $120 and made me late to work anyways. So what did I learn.

First I was really upset. Then I realised it was a warning... if I can call it that. I'd begun driving too fast. I was more confortable with my driving now and I was beginning to take unnecessary risks.. many of them and that was stupid. So even though it has cost us $120 I hope I've learnt my lesson. And as painful as it may seem I'm going to follow the rules of the road now. I know it could have been much much worse.

No comments:

Blog Archive