Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I put my hand in my pocket (of my cargo pants) today and came up with 2 swedish fish. Given that I dislike swedish fish, their presence in my pocket was funny. I've left them there. I'm hoping the owner of those 2 swedish fish comes looking for them this evening on the way home and finds them.. that is before I puts my pants in the wash, swedish fish and all. So that's how our mornings start. With swedish fish. Tommy shares them with Rachael. I think Rachael adores and misses him so much she will like anything Tommy does. And that's their ritual, every morning before he puts her in the car seat for drive to day care he gives her 2 swedish fish. At the beginning I worried what kind of mom I would look like when Rachael walks into daycare with swedish fish every morning. Then I decided I didn't care. It makes tom and rachael happy. I know he hates being away from us, and if this is their little shared time then so be it..


And yesterday October 20th Rachael and Lawrence welcomed a new cousin - Joshua - about 8061 miles 12,972 kms away in Mumbai. At this point we're not sure if he's going to be Joshua or Jeremiah, so for now I guess we'll go with J. Welcome J. We're so proud of you. And with him comes many exciting ideas. Hopes that Rachael and Lawrence will grow to know their cousins in India. Dreams that they will love each other enormously and look forward to seeing each other. Thoughts that they will spend holidays in Goa on the beach together. And while we may not have had the best cousins ourselves, I do have some really good memories. Getting Sonia and Bosco married in Goa, Playing conductor in the verandah with Cookie and Glen, Going to see Love Story (Kumar Gaurav & Vijayta Pandit) with Cookie and Glen - Monica aunty not showing us Sunday evening movie at 6:00 (can't remember the reason), but it was sashi kapoor in the movie I think. Anyways I want tthose same memories for Rachael and Lawrence....

No comments:

Blog Archive