Thursday, September 24, 2009

09/01/2009 10:50:19 AM Holding out for some hope

Had the most awful day yesterday. It started terribly at work.... and got even worse as the day progressed. Stress at work I can deal with... I expect that and I know how to handle it. But after my work day I look forward to picking up my kids... and spending time with them. Instead yesterday I walked into a complaint box ... Lawrence's teacher and me... we love each other.. we're completely different but her strengths complement my weakness.. Even when she has bad news to deliver .. she just knows how to do it. Rachael's teacher on the other hand JUST PUSHES ALL THE WRONG BUTTONS. Sad part is that it's been 4 months now.. and we can't seem to find a balance.. I've been ignoring all the signs in the hope that atleast Rachael was happy but as a chicago winter approaches I really have no patience for a teacher who just waits to complaint. Long story short communication completely failed last evening... and I've finally asked for a switch in teacher. I hope I'm doing the right thing. Today at noon we have a meeting to try and clear up the air. I hope it works. I know my own personal strength is to see things from all angles.. my own personal weakness is I have no patience for excuses. I really don't want an explanation I want a solution... Come to me with a solution and how we can put it into place... we can go round and round and round talking about why what and how... but just tell me how we can fix it. Anyways the whole fiasco from yesterday led to a VERY stressful night... How do you guys do it. How do you go on. Sometimes I feel like a supreme failure as a mom. I don't know what to do. I can't decide if daycare is best for my kids, or a nanny or if I should quit my job and stay home.. okay that's not really an option..but I still feel guilt about it.. And does it ever end. I know Tommy and me are longing for a quite week where we don't have to deal with something or the other... More work, tenants, kids sick, layoffs ... does it ever get easier. All you parents out there.. I'm looking for some hope.. what do I hold out for... when the going gets rough what do I cling too....
Thankyou all who comments/walled for your encouragement. I just got back from our meeting and it went reasonably well. We got the new teacher that we asked for. So what did the meeting achieved. It made me realise just how important it is to say the right thing at the right time with the right worLawrence. Rachael's teacher seems to think that I think she's a bad teacher. I don't. If I did I would have had her out of there in a second. I do think she's a bad communicator. Which is why for the last 4 months I've been grinning and bearing it. But bad communication leads to a lot of problems and unformtunately doesn't go away. And English not being a first language is really not an excuse. There's so many ways to communicate. Anyways tonight I will rest easy.... mentally ... cause I know I've done the best I can for Rachael. And we will have fun preparing for our week long vacation that starts come Saturday. YAY. Can't wait.

No comments:

Blog Archive