Thursday, September 24, 2009

08/26/2009 11:41:28 AM: Awarness

I learnt something today. People aren't annoying... they're just not aware. Tommy went me with to drop off the kids to daycare today cause it's RAINING!!!! non stop here today.. so between formula, a 5 month old, 2 umbrellas and a 2.5 year old who loves puddles I knew I just needed him to haul **** with us.... Anyways long story short.. we were leaving the daycare and coming towards us was another father with a baby in 1 hand, a bag full of diapers and stuff in the other and a 3 year old.... Tommy just walked out of the door and downwards without a second glance... I hung back smiled and held the door open for the parent. And that's it. Do you know just how many times I've had people do that to me.. walk away without holding the door open when I'm struggling. The funny part is that by nature Tommy is very very chivalrous... and will go out of his way to help people..he will clear the snow for our neighbour who's a single lady and the opp neighbour who's old... and help in so many different ways.. and then I realised... he didn't see a parent struggling.. he just saw a man and walked on.... Don't know why I blogged this today. It just struck me... and I wanted to write it down..... Oh and I found the answer to not weighing in daily... WAKE UP LATE... and then scramble as fast as you can to get the kids ready, breakfast, showers... all the while having conversations with Tommy ... and hustling him too.. there just wasn't a thought for the scale..lol.. See I'm sure I can do it tomorrow.. although I'm not sure Rachael likes having a jiffy shower ..lol..

No comments:

Blog Archive