Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Living through an economic downturn:

We can't seem to get away from it.When Tom got his job with Baxter I breathed a sigh of relief. It was all going to get better. It did for a while, and we enjoyed it. So much so that I planned 2 vacations over the next year, and began to think the economic downturn was over. And then yeseterday reality came snapping at my heels. Our great renters aren't renewing :(. They're moving instead to Dallas. If that wasn't bad enough we got worse new. I called Alan (our old realtor) to see if we should get on the market to sell. I talked Tom into considering selling for less than we bought ... enough to pay the bank off and the realtor. But guess what. We can't. I didn't realise that bad mistakes other people made could affect us. There is a condo in our building that went into foreclosure that is now on the market for 60,000! Can you believe that. If we ever sold for that price we'd owe the bank another 70,000 not considering that we paid even more for it. So out goes the idea of selling. We have to rent again which is why I'm stressed. There's some good things I guess. We know that renting is the only option for us. So that's one discussion out. The hard part will be to show the condo, and get good paying renters in. I hope we can do. I have to trust that God will help us do it. This morning I was so fearful. I couldn't get past my fear. That's when I wondered if Sonia & Fong, and dada didn't have that fear. They are the 3 people I know who pray the most. In my heart I truly believe that God will provide. That he will take care of us if we only trust him. In my head I can't feel fearful and worried and stressed. So I wonder if being really close to God like Sonia and Dada and Fong means they have no fear. That they trust God implicitly. Sonia's travelling today. She's been told she's high risk and is not to travel, and yet she's going to Pune. I'm sure she has her reasons. And I'm amazed that she trusts that God will take care of her no questions asked. Part of me thinks she's being stupid. And then I think. she trusts God. He has never let her down. What's the sense in worrying all the time when she trusts Him. I would like that kind of faith. Mine is the kind that knows he's there but feels the need to help Him. I reason. I'm incapable yet of completly turning off and letting him handle it. I don't know how. I don't even know what it means. Please Lord as I write this, and you read it, teach me your way. Teach me to trust you. Tell me how to follow. I love you Lord.
07/20
It's been a slightly stressful day. Mindi just told us that they won't be renewing their lease. Tom got stressed out immediately. I didn't. Not sure why. I guess knowing that Jesus will help us make the right descision helps. I prayed a little and then sat and did my calculations. Ran the numbers to see if we whould sell or rent. Right now my gut is to sell. I've sent the numbers to Tom. Maybe he will feel the same, maybe God will feel the same, and maybe we will be able to sell at the right price. I hope it all works out. No I must trust that God will work everything out for us.

No comments:

Blog Archive