Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lawrence's Christening


Lawrence Sean Over born March 9th, 2009 became a Catholic on June 14th, 2009, baptized at Holy Cross Church, Deerfield. He was the cutest little boy between 2 little girls getting christened too, all handsome in his long pants, vest and bow tie. I don't think we have a picture of him all dressed up and I must remember to take one. Rachael was a wonderful sister, albeit a little unhappy that she was dressed in a crinkly 'party' dress with a necklace and 2 clips. Credit ofcourse goes to nana who thinks she looks so "well dressed". If it was up to mama, she would have probably found her way to church in jeans, t-shirt and a long cool necklace.. Oh well, it's nice to have a grumpy looking well dressed 2 year old for posterity sake. My own dress didn't fit :( what's new, so out came the saving grace salwar khameez. Thankyou Soni for your thoughtful gift. It's now saved me twice - Easter and the christening. I really have to drop the weight. The christening was nice, everyone we wanted there was present and ON TIME and we had a wonderful sunny day.. oh God punished us a bit for begging for a sunny day by sending us a sunny sweltering day but we'll take that over rainy and cold. Lawrence's great grand ma made it to the party too and we actually have a couple of pics... which reminds me - I must never ask Jiju to take pics again. He is TERRIBLE. Must remember to BEG Jude to give up her video and take pics instead. We have a boat load of pics for Rachael's christening and I'm still sorting through all the hazies and 1/2 faces of Lawerence's to get some good ones. And we have a ton of food left. We had Judy's pizza and antipasti platters from whole foods and buffalo wings and we ordered way too much. So this week I'm back on Atkins. Okay now I have to say this because it still bugs me. And I'll probably delete it as time passes but for now 'Just what was Cathy thinking'! She showed up with gifts for Ronan, Joanie and Annie and nothing for Rachael or Lawrence, fully aware it was lawrence's christening. I just don't get her. I don't need the presents, but I just don't get the getting presents for one set of grandkids and not for the others. If I had more courage I would raise the issue with her, but for now I'll take the coward's way out and just generally ignore her. But other than that the christening went well. I do like Dan Murphy and Julie. They're just my type of folks. Nicely laid back. And I'm trying to be nicer to Denise. I keep reminding myself that all Rachael will have when she gets married is Lawrence's family... so I have to be nicer to Tom's sister. She is easy most of the time... if only she didn't feel the need to visit so often..lol.. Okay anti social me needs some downtime with my own family. maybe I'll talk to her about it.. I probably won't. or maybe I will. Oh and Lawrence made a nice little started package. I have to start a CD for him with it. The biggest chunk came courtesy Jude.. thanks Jude. I'm sure as time goes by both Rachael and Lawrence will be begging to go to DC all the time time given the toys she buys them. Rachael was the winner this time with a phone, snow white and a new lounge chair! Oh and a princess ball too. Some not so nice things she learnt too "Shake your BOOTY" .... dribbling spit .. things Jude just can't seem to give up. Culla if you're reading this ... she definitely misses you. She's now woken up 3 days in a row with a "Shake your booty".

No comments:

Blog Archive