Wednesday, June 3, 2009


I'm having a good day today. It started off good. I'm now 176.5 lbs. Yay! Finally a move. Which is great cause I'm was about ready to give up today. Now I feel motivated to keep going on. And then I found a little tikes climber for free. There's a website called www.freecycle.org and if there's stuff you don't need you post it there, and other can come pick it up. A few days back I saw a little slide, but it had already been promised to someone else. Today I got an email saying it was mine if I wanted it. Yay! Rachael will have something fun to look forward to tonight. And even better I kept my promise to her yesterday. The good thing about cold rainy days is that no one else wants to go to the park so the slides and the swings were empty. Plus Rachael doesn't care to spend too much time there too. Major achievement: She went on the BIG girl swing yesterday. She had seen Joanie and Annie do it on Saturday, and I asked her if she wanted to try. She said no, so we went on the baby swings. Then later she said Mama big swing, and we gave it a try. What a brave girl my baby is. It's fun watching her grow up. Part of me was terrified that she was going to fall off. And then she swung from a bar. Just like that, like a pull up with her knees crunched up. That really did stop my heart. Some how I found it in me to clap and applaud her BIG girl antics. I need her to get confident so she can deal with day care. And this is the only way I know how. Today I've promised to take her to church after school. I think she loves having something to look forward to for after school. Monday was 'shopping with mama for a toy', Tuesday was park, and today it's church. Tomorrow will be the ice cream truck, and Friday - there will be the excitement of 'no school mama' for 2 whole days!
Tom is staying on the course. Again Yay. He's mowed the lawn, and picked up the free slide today, and woken up early to spend time and cuddle with Rachael. All without me saying a word. YAY YAY. I might just survive the next few years.

No comments:

Blog Archive