Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Resuming Daycare

Rachael is taking daycare really badly. I didn't expect it because she went to the same place as an infant and then as a toddler... but the 6 month break has upset her. Friday was her first day back. She cried some but had a relatively good day. We went to the store and got a big box of sidewalk chalks. Then Monday was a horror. She cried the whole day, didn't have her snack and didn't have any lunch. When I picked her up her eyes were red and swollen but she seemed okay. She showed me how she pulled her sleeves up and washed her hands after potty, then wiped them on paper and threw it in the garbage bin. I was so proud of her. This morning she took bear to school with her. She didn't want to go, and bear seemed to make the ordeal more bearable. It's a few hours since she's been there and I've called a couple of times. So far she's cried some, taken a break, walked around holding her teacher's hand, slept for about 10 minutes, eaten 1/2 her lunch and cried some more. I've asked them to give her some books to read cause she likes them. I hope the latter part of the day goes better for her. The teacher says that all kids have an adjustment period of about a week. I hope she does better. It's hard being at work when I know she's at daycare crying.

No comments:

Blog Archive