Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm wiped out today. No sleep is taking it's toll, and arguing with Tom doesn't help. I know we love each other, we just can't seem to figure out how much work each of us wants to do / needs to do. Plus we're barely getting any time with each other, and even less sleep. And Rachael is having a rough time at daycare. I'm just too tired today. I don't think I'll blog. I have a feeling all it will yield is negativity. Favourite quote of the week Rachael "Mama I no want boys shoes, I want girl shoes". This was in Marshalls, when we went shopping for a new pair of shoes. Boys shoes=trainers.
I'm having an excessively long day today. Too much is happening... and my brain isin't even working fast enoguh to process it. Let see. Rachael got a bruise at day care yesterday. We have it sorted to where we have to now teach her to either 1. Fight back 2. Go tell her teacher when someone hits her or bites her. Tom is having a hard time coping with the idea that another kid hurt his daughter. I'm having a hard time grasping the concept of teaching my daughter to fight back when it's something that comes naturally to me. She's a wonderful girl. Nothing escapes her, yet her teacher asked me today if she spoke english. She speaks it very fluently and constantly. It broke my heart to think that she doesn't play much at the daycare and that she doesn't participate. The good side is that while she isin't talking there, she comes home and tells us a lot of what happens there. Ms. Shenaz and Ms. Aftab said they would look out for her next week. This weekend Rachael goes to visit her cousins. Maybe we can practice fighting back there. I feel better though. Atleast I know why she's been crying, or atleast I have a few reasons other than just going back after a long period. I have to teach her not to start a fight, but to definitely finish one. It's not okay to hit, but I'm completely fine with her asserting her self. On another note we booked our flights to Bombay. Rachael and me are going in Jan for Donna's wedding. It'll be long and exhausting but fun. On an even further note I found this quote that I really like. It's by Tony Dungy (football player). Quote: Do what you’re supposed to do when you’re supposed to do it. Not Almost. All the way. Not most of the time. All the time. Whatever it takes, no excuses, no explanations.

No comments:

Blog Archive