Friday, April 24, 2009

One Summer Day in Spring

Exhaustion has just set in and I'm crabby. It's been a long day. I have to go easy on myself. It was a wonderful summer day... a treat in spring ... it seemed sinful to stay inside. So we spent all day outside and now we're all exhausted. Rachael went to bed with a scolding :( I have to remember that she's as tired as I am... and as crabby... and I have to be the bigger person .. still it's hard! Some days I just wish she would listen... she does... most of the time... and I have to focus on all the good things she does. She is only 2! Tomorrow I'm going to give her extra hugs. Maybe she'll forgive me for the yellings today. Lawrence is growing wonderfully. Guilt is a funny thing. It doesn't ever let go. I hardly spend much time with Lawrence. I'm so busy trying to make sure Rachael is okay and he's such an unassuming baby. Second babies are wonderful. So much less stressful. Rachael is a wonderful daughter, but she will grow up a high maintenance woman. I think most first kids are. She has all the characteristics... looks to me for approval even when she's playing ... it's so cute... and at the same time she's so independent. I think I will go read some articles on the "2 year old sibling". Oh and weight is going nowhere... I've put it on hold for now.

No comments:

Blog Archive