Friday, October 2, 2009

This weekend we're going Apple picking. Rachael has been learning about apples in school and fall is the perfect time to go. We're going to Apple holler. Lately I've noticed many many changes in Rachael. It's like she's gone from a 2 year old to an adult just as she turs 2.5. This amazes me. She puts 2 and 2 together, reasons, understands and can even co-relate ... and she REMEMBERS. Part of me enjoys it. Part of me wishes for the days when I could say something and she would forget it before the hour was up. Last night she was being whiny.. okay she's whiny many times and I've yet to figure out how to cope with it.. I'm still in the trial and error phase and last night I used Santa.. without thinking. I don't know how it popped into my head.. but out it came.. that she wasn't going to get any presents cause Santa was watching her and keeping track. It didn't make a hoot of difference last night. But this morning on the way to school she said 'Mom I'm a good girl'. And I said yes honey you are, to which she reponded 'Will Santa bring me presents'. I couldn't believe it. I had already forgotten our conversation.. but obviously she had been mulling over it.. So I proceeded with caution telling her that he would if she was a good girl.. didn't whine.. and did what mommy asked her to. Okay Giant undertaking .. but hey I had to try... and then she made me sing "You better not shout, you better not pout " over 10 times. I love my daughter. She's the apple of my eye and the guilt I feel about the things I do, want to do or miss doing is enormous. I hope I bring her up right.


Lawrence Update: He's now up to screaming REALLY LOUDLY and smiling at it. He loves his voice... and thinks it's really funny if I scream back. And he's moving, scooting his little butt everywhere... dragging himself along and exploring.

No comments:

Blog Archive