Thursday, October 8, 2009

Not sure how to classify today. It started out really well... then I got my first ticket. For speeding. For $75. I'm so mad at myself. I was dreaming while driving and fell way back ... suddenly I realised it.. and sped up to catch the Fedex truck that had been in front of me at the intersection... The horrible part is that I saw the flashing lights way up in the distance... and the part of me that lacks brain decided to speed up before it got closer... really I have no brain. Just so angry at me! I'm not sure why I'm really angry. I know it was my fault. I know I deserve it. Sadly I'm not mad because I was speeding but because I got caught. Because I got caught stupidly when I knew there was a cop in front of me. And that makes it worse. I suppose I should take this as an eye opener. Winter will be here soon and even though I have a short drive to work I do it in a hurry after I drop the kids off. I must remember to FOCUS. I'm just still mad at me.


I just finished figuring out how to pay for the ticket. We're already strapped because we don't have a renter from October... and now this. I sold the stock I bought in Walgreens a while back.. made a little money. I'd just bought a few shares.. and now it will cover the ticket (which with the driving school is $115, and will also give me some left over for a visa to India ($150). The OCI costs $275 ... and right now that's $125 we don't need to spend... 10 years down the line I can relook at it. Also I won't need to go to the indian place for pics now... just plain old regular photographs will do.. And while I'm still unhappy with what I did this morning... I know it could have been worse. I promise today not to speed anymore... and furthermore not to take any more risks while driving. I will let the car behind me honk and work himself into a tizzy but I will stay the course.

No comments:

Blog Archive